What’s in my bag (idea ganked from my friend Stephanie’s blog)
I’ve been using this brown leather Roots backpack lately. Not the most waterproof of things, but it’s well made and was free.
Inside the bag:
- Asus netbook & case – mostly for school, but for writing too
- Sony eReader – love this device! Just finishing 1Q84 by Murakami. Next up is Cloud Atlas.
- cheap black leather wallet – parts of the interior are patched with black electrical tape. Perhaps it’s time to think of getting a new one.
- knitting bag – always have a small and easy project with me. Currently working on a pair of silk/angora hand warmers that I plan to add some Arduino Lilypad electronics to. Perfect project for waiting rooms and meetings.
- Moleskine – some writing needs to be done by hand. It comes from a different place when it’s handwritten as opposed to typed and word processed.
- Extra glasses. Yes, I carry two pairs of glasses with me always, progressives for walking around and mid-range for working on the computer.
- Red embroidered bag – gift from a coworker who brought it from Iran. It’s the perfect size for my iPod shuffle & ear buds
- POW! Change purse – acquired in our travels. I think I picked it up in a coffee shop in Ouray, Colorado.
- Lip Medex.
- Sleeping cat pillbox, filled with Aleve, Advil, Tylenol, Gravol and Midol. I learned to carry it with me always after the knee injury.
- iPhone. The faux cassette case amuses me greatly.
- Sharpie pen. Best journaling/writing pen ever, IMHO.
- Credit card USB and Starbucks gift card. Found them rattling around the bottom of the pack; no idea what’s on them.
- House keys
- Work keys with leopard spot lanyard and backup USB