I responded to Michael/Grange95’s Facebook status, so have been challenged to come up with 11 random things about me. I think I’m supposed to post them on FB, but there is no way I’m giving up a perfectly good blog post during NaBloPoMo.
- I still have the first vinyl record I bought with my own money – Fantastic by K-Tel records. 22 original hits, 22 original stars! As seen on TV!
- I’ve undergone Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for agoraphobia, defined through Wikipedia as becoming “anxious in environments that are unfamiliar or where he or she perceives that they have little control. Agoraphobia is often, but not always, compounded by a fear of social embarrassment”. It’s given me tools to deal with my anxiety so I can avoid a panic attack, but I will never lose the anxiety completely.
- My favourite candies are marshmallow bananas and strawberries, spearmint leaves and double salted licorice. I’ve loved them since I was a kid, blowing my allowance at Kelly’s General store.
- I grew up in a rural area, and once entered my crafts into the local fair. I still love going to country fall fairs – seeing homemade preserves and pies with blue ribbons fills me with delight.
- I made jam this year for the first time in 30 years.
- I live across the lake from where I grew up.
- When listening to music or watching tv, the volume MUST be on an even number.
- I have been colouring my hair since I was 18. I have dyed it a number of colours, but have never been a blonde.
- my favourite flavour is black currant
- I have watched Monty Python’s Holy Grail about 40 times.
- I am hoping to go back to school next year. My application goes in in February. Keep your fingers crossed that mine is one of the 24 applications selected.