Well, I didn’t post yesterday, so I guess I don’t win the non-existent prize for blogging every day this month.
I just didn’t feel like it, between having some virus or another, getting a headache from the fumes from the bathtub refinishing and being in the grips of what is likely just the monthly hormone imbalance. I spent most of yesterday and today curled up on the couch knitting and watching Doctor Who.
I watched the 50th anniversay special. I’m not sure yet if I liked it or not; I’m going to have to watch it again and weigh in later. First impressions:
- they gave John Hurt all the good lines
- the only thing that is stopping Clara from being my least favourite companion of the reboot is the fact that she’s (now) a teacher with a motorcycle
- I kinda want Rose back. And I really want River back.
- Is it just me, or did the portrayal of Elizabeth the First seem a tad, well, messy and all over the place?
- Feeling a bit let down by how the previous doctors where integrated.